Google+ Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas: Frozen Paint Art - COOL Fun on a HOT Day!

Monday, August 8, 2011

Frozen Paint Art - COOL Fun on a HOT Day!

I can hardly believe that our summer is coming to an end! :(

My big girl starts Kindergarten in 2 WEEKS! Yikes!
Although school may be starting - summer is as HOT as ever!

We had so much fun exploring our water & ice themed week -
the Lil Divas were sad to see it end!

I had promised them we would try our Frozen Paint Art again
since the last time we ended up with melted paint trying to transport it in this heat!

This time the paint went straight from the freezer to paper &
it was a HUGE SUCCESS!

I just had to share because the Lil Divas had so much fun &
created so many masterpieces!!!


Aren't they great? :)

It was so easy too -
Here's What We Did:
I poured tempra paint into an ice cube tray. The Lil Divas opted for rainbow colors. I did not dilute with water as we wanted bright and bold colors for our paintings. I put the paint in the freezer for about 20 mins and let it begin to harden. Then I added the popsicele sticks (so they would remin firmly upright) and let the paint freeze overnight. The next day we had our frozen paint & were ready for some fun!



The Lil Divas painted on white contact paper (it's nice and sturdy!)





The frozen paint lasted a nice long time since we were working indorrs.
They had the opportunity to create many, many works of art :)

While my Oldest Diva was busy creating
picture after picture of hearts, flowers, trees, etc....

My Littlest Diva could not resist getting in some fingerpainting.
She loved the cold paint on her hands best. :)


This really is a fun & easy project that is suited to many age levels.
I know we will be visiting this again sometime soon.

Just look at all the great Frozen Paint Masterpieces the Lil Divas created!


As a special treat after all their hard work we decided to make some
Frozen Fruit Pops. I blended some mixed berries & yogurt and froze it in small dixie cups w/popsicle sticks. YUM! These were a hit & we have made several batches since.





Happy Frozen Painting!
Bern

19 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! My girls would love this :) Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one of the projects on my "must do" list! It looks like tons of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw frozen paint on pinterest and I have some waiting in the freezer to try!! I do love the idea of using actual paint (I used water and food coloring) and adding a stick. It looks like a lot of fun, and I cannot wait to try this with my girls!

    Tiffani
    thoughtsfromtiffani.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh awesome! Yet another cool project from one of the most creative Moms I know!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is such a neat idea! I have never or heard of that before!

    PS: New follower from Mom Blog Monday. :)
    The Random Mommy Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the collection of art the lil divas created!

    We made paper towel impressions on the ice cube painting.

    http://creativitymypassion.blogspot.com/2011/08/kool-aid-ice-cube-painting-paper-towel.html

    BTW, I love their T-shirts too! are they handmade. They look lovely with horse painting

    ReplyDelete
  7. What great pictures. You lil divas are quite the artists. And such a cool idea. I have never heard of frozen painting before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Painting with ice - what fun fun fun!! And all your pictures turned out so prettily!

    Thanks for joining Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this idea. Thanks! And, where did you get those cool trays?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you mean the trays the girls are working on? I found those at Michael's Craft Store & seriously they are the BEST thing I ever bought! We use them every single day and they save me on a ton of mess!!!!!

      Delete
  10. This is soooooo cool! Frozen paintsicles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was such a fun activity and my only prep was freezing some paint! Gotta love that!

      Delete
  11. It's a really good idea and very cool! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. The way you explain in this blog is amazing. This is so informative. I am sure every one will love this blog.
    - chris jordan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kingchuan can assist you in boosting your trade of bundling items. Our exceedingly experienced staff individuals will get ready premium quality matte paint security film on your demand. Bopp Film Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas! I hope you will stay awhile to explore all we have to offer!