Google+ Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas: Brown Bear, Brown Bear - Even More Fun With Bears!

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Brown Bear, Brown Bear - Even More Fun With Bears!

Today, I'd like to share our Brown Bear activities, crafts, snacks & fun with you.

Books:

We focused on Eric Carle's



and


Other Great Brown Bear Books:
Goldilocks and the Three Bears
Bear Snores On
We're Going on a Bear Hunt: Anniversary Edition of a Modern Classic



Craft - Textured Brown Bear


What You Need:
Bear Template
Blue Construction Paper for Background
Piece of Green Construction Paper for Grass
Brown Paint
Coffee
Wiggly Eyes
Small Black Pom Pom
Glue
Scissors

What To Do:
1. Cut out Bear Template - I drew this myself  (will try to get it scanned and posted) and used cardstock so it would handle the weight of the paint and coffee


2. Paint Bear using brown paint - I encouraged the lil Divas to cover it entirely and make it wet - they were happy about that!


3. Cover wet bear with cofee completely - be careful when you shake it off, I find it best to wait until it dries a bit so that more coffee sticks on than shakes off



4. Add Wiggly Eyes & Nose - then let it dry! The less you move & touch it the better


5. Prepare background paper - cut green piece to look like grass, be sure to leave room at the bottom for gluing - do not cut all the way to edge!


6. Behold your Textured Coffeee Bear


Craft: Paper Plate Brown Bear


What You Need:
6in paper plate
brown paint
brown construction paper
black construction paper
glue
wiggly eyes
scissors

What To Do:
1. paint 6in paper plate completely with brown paint


2. Make face by adding ears. wiggly eyes & pom pom nose and mouth cut out



Learning Fun

Number Order 1-10 Practice - for this I bought bear cut out and wrote the numbers 1 thru 10 on them. I mixed them up and had the Lil Divas put them in numerical order. You could easily do this with bear cut outs out of brown construction paper too.


ABC Upper/Lower Case Match - I used large and small bear cut outs that I had purchased and wrote the Capital letters on the larger bears and lower case letters on the small bears. The girls then had to match the "Baby" Bears (lower case letters) to the correct Mommy/Daddy Bear (Capital letters).


Fun Food - Brown Bear French Toast


Hope you enjoyed our Brown Bear fun!

Don't forget to check out our:
Eric Carle Theme, and our Polar Bear and Panda Bear activities too!

Bern

**I have linked this to Read, Explore, Learn , Tot TuesdaysFor the Kids FridayPreschool Corner and Show & Tell  **

12 comments:

  1. as a retired teacher, I love what you do with your munchkins!!!
    I am a new follower , hope you will check me out:
    childhoodmyths.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! New follower here from Waltz on by Wednesday :)

    you can follow back here:
    Http://justasmalltownmommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the coffee grounds idea - my daughters will love the activity. I'm now a follower of your blog...stop by www.addicted2tutes.blogspot.com anytime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did, in fact, enjoy your Brown Bear Fun! I will now go look at your Panda and Polar bear activities. It's probably time for us to do a Bear Unit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the textured coffee bear. We don't drink coffee though, so we don't have any in the house. We have Bear wants more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun ideas! I love the bear shapred french toast. How cute!

    Thanks for sharing this at For the Kids Friday at SunScholars! I will be posting the next party tonight. I hope to have you linking up again this week!

    :)rachel @ SunScholars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo that reminds me we haven't had French Toast in AGES! Yummy and the Coffee Bears look fantastic! How fun!

    Thank you as always for linking to Kids Get Crafty!

    Maggy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness. I love the French toast bears. So creative. Thanks again for sharing on my blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beary cute activities! I love your textured bear.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving your coffee grounds brown bears and french toast! I've used cinnamon before and that works well also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. My son loves bears!! I think I will also try this with wild rice and he can make a cute
    Hedge hog. :)
    Mom2sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the coffee bear. I used your pattern and idea in our homeschool pre-school letter B activities. I have a preschool facebook page and added a link to your blog. :0) https://www.facebook.com/dawnsdesigns22

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to visit Mom to 2 Posh Lil Divas! I hope you will stay awhile to explore all we have to offer!